Although the CDC's current recommendation strongly advises against travel, due to the high volume of questions from family members in the district, we have provided New York State's Travel Guidance below. We do respectfully request to be notified if your family and the student (s) will be out-of-state. While this notification does not absolve any family members from practicing the current NYSDOH's guidance, the communication is appreciated by the District.
For any traveler to New York State from a noncontiguous state, US territory or CDC Level 2 or Level 3, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
For travelers who are going out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
- The traveler must obtain a COVID-19 test within 3 days prior to their arrival in New York State.
- The traveler must quarantine for 3 days following their arrival in New York State.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID-19 test.
- The traveler must continue to quarantine until that result is in.
- If both tests are negative, the traveler can end their quarantine.
For travelers who are going out-of-state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- The traveler must fill out the New York State Traveler Health Form upon their entry into New York State. - The traveler must obtain a COVID-19 diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York State.
NOTE: If a traveler fails to test prior to coming back into New York State, they must fulfill the full 14-day quarantine.