Mr. Bett / Mrs. Letina
Welcome to the Physical Education Web-page.
We have listed important annoucements below to help you succeed in physical education this year! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- You must be properly wearing a mask during physical education.
- You will only need to bring sneakers on days you have physical education.
- You are NOT allowed to change your clothes for physical education.
- You MUST wear sneakers to participate in physical education.
- Part of your preparation grade will be determined by having the proper footwear (sneakers that are able to be tied tightly) for class.
- Please leave your cell phone with your belongings in the locker room. Although you will not be changing, you will NOT be allowed to have your cell phone in your pockets or with you during your physical education class.
- When you enter the gym, you will go directly to the locker room (four students at a time) to store your belongings and wash your hands thoroughly. At the end of class, you will be directed to retrieve your items from the locker room and wash your hands.
VIRTUAL PE ASSIGNMENTS
We will be completing a personal fitness plan after we complete fitness testing. You must complete this personal plan every non PE day.
Starting the week of October 5th, if your virtual assignment is turned in late, 10 points will be deducted. If your virtual assignment is more than one week late, you will lose 20 points. Please turn in your assignments on time.
Prior to completion of the fitness plan in class, you will be required to complete a 30 minute activity log that MUST include the date, class period (example: 1A Purple or 1B Gold), activity you performed, and duration of activity.
After we have completed the fitness plan, you will submit verification that you completed your personal fitness plan on the day of your virtual PE class. Failure to do so will result in the assignment to be graded as late (forfeit your attendance/preparation grade). Verification of completed assignment must be done via Teams.
Your fitness plan will be updated every 10 weeks.
School PE office phones: Letina - 537-7128 Bett - 537-7127
Physical Education Class
Make-Up PolicyIf you are absent for TWO classes in any ONE unit, you must complete either a 30 minute weight/cardio workout and turn in an additional physical activity log or you can write a 300 word article summary on a topic related to Physical education or recreation.If you are unsure of the number of make-ups owed in Physical Education class, please see your Physical Education teacher.