Student Meal Accounts

  • How It Works

    Every student is assigned a student ID number and a meal account is created when they register with Holland CSD.

    The account is similar to a checking account, where purchases are deducted from funds you apply to the account.  Elementary students go through the lunch line as a class.  The cashier will use the student photo and/or name to process food purchases.  In preparation for Middle School, students in the fourth grade will learn their student ID number and use it when making their food purchases.  Middle and High School students type their student ID number into a pin pad at the register when making their food purchases.  ** Pin pads are not being used during COVID**

    As long as your student is enrolled in a school within Holland School District their student meal account balance(s) will roll over to the next grade or school.

    If you have any questions about student meal accounts, please contact us at (716) 537-8216.


    Meal Account Refund/Transfer/Donation

     If your student is withdrawing or graduating from Holland School District and they have a positive balance on their student meal account, there are three options for handling the remaining funds: Meal Account refund, transfer to another sibling's account, or you may donate the remaining funds towards the district's negative lunch fund account.

    1.  You may transfer balances from one student account to another student account within the same household by completing the Transfer Request form below.


    2. You may request a refund by completing the Refund Request form below.


    3. If you would like to donate your remaining balance to help those with a negative balance please email to make the donation.

    **Requests for refunds for graduating students or withdrawn students must be submitted within one year of graduation or withdrawl from the district.  Only balances that exceed $5.00 will be issued in the form of a check from the Food Service Department.**

    Please submit completed forms to or by fax to (716) 537-8203.  Please contact the Food Service Department with any questions at (716) 537-8216.

  • Payments during COVID

    Payments may be applied to a student meal account in a number of ways:

    • PREFERRED METHOD- Debit or credit cards online via  We accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover Card, and American Express.  There is a $2.75 convenience fee for online payments.
    • Checks can be mailed to Holland CSD Food Service Department, 103 Canada Street, Holland, NY 14080.  Checks should be made out to Holland CSDPlease note the name of your student on your check.  A $20 fee is charged for all returned checks.

    Funds remaining on student accounts will carry-over from year to year while the student is attending any Holland CSD location.

  • Meal Account Balances

    Low Balance Notification

    To help avoid accounts from becoming overdrawn, each Monday, an automated low-balance email notification is sent if your student's account is below $10.50.  This is an automated process for those accounts linked to the MySchoolBucks program.

    Negative Meal balances and Automated Notifications

    End of School Year- Positive and Negative Balances

    All balances, both positive and negative, carry-over from year to year, as long as the student attends a Holland CSD school.

    Once a student graduates, any unpaid negative balance will be added to the student record as a fine.  If a positive balance remains, and if the graduating senior does not have siblings in the HCSD, you may contact the Food Service Office to request a refund. 


If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.