UPK - 4th Graders, Get Creative at Home!
Here are several lessons that Elementary students will enjoy.
Each relates to an artist, art concepts, and skills & techniques.
If you do not have the recommended materials at home, use whatever you have available.
Keep creating and have fun!!
Many Ideas in One Place: https://www.tate.org.uk/kids/make
Monochromatic Self Portraits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCl0dtG2Kk
Romero Brito Inspired Self Portraits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP-Ua9qh5Is
Fauve Style Self Portraits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UI-vQ2KMX4&list=RDCMUCdEo82iK2lzwMqCxBuQmmrQ&index=2
James Rizzie Meets Vincent Van Gogh Cities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trGRG7IG88k&list=RDCMUCdEo82iK2lzwMqCxBuQmmrQ&index=6
Andy Warhol Inspired Flowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lTbfzT6G44&list=RDCMUCdEo82iK2lzwMqCxBuQmmrQ&index=28
Carla Girard - A Colorful Village 2D & 3D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQuadGUOR4&list=RDCMUCdEo82iK2lzwMqCxBuQmmrQ&index=25
Texture in Art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-bv2Wea0A&list=RDCMUCdEo82iK2lzwMqCxBuQmmrQ&index=1
New Site 3/24/2020:
K - 8
Youtube: Follow along with us and learn how to draw plus other fun art lessons for kids.
Some other ideas that do not need the internet include:
1. Look outside or go outside and sketch/draw the images of Spring that you see.
2. Draw a family portrait. Include everyone in your household. Note details: what are they wearing, what setting do you want to put them in? Will you show them at home or on some exotic vacation you would like to go on together?
3. Draw a pet portrait. Try to catch your pet while he/she is sleeping and observe them to catch the details. If you do not have a pet, draw a pet that you would like to own and show what you would do with him or her.
4. Try setting up your own still life with toys and household objects and draw from it.
5. Sculpt with those same household objects. Build a tower with pots & pans or use pens or crayons to build with. You may even want to go outside and collect found objects like sticks or pebbles to sculpt with.
6. Use objects around the house or from outside that have unique textures to take rubbings from. Lay a piece of paper on top of them and color over them with crayon or pencil and the shape of the object and the texture will appear.
7. Pull out the play dough or clay and begin sculpting. You can use the pinch method where everything created comes from the one original ball of clay or you can use the additive method where you take pieces off and put them back together into a new creation.
Fun Art Sites for Kids:
Here you will find activities and gameshttp://www.nga.gov/kids/zone/zone.htmhttp://www.kidsites.com/sites-edu/art.htmhttp://www.incredibleart.org/links/artgames.html