Here are some frequently asked questions about the Holland Central Schools UPK program:
Is there a cost for my child to attend UPK?
No- there is no charge for participation.
Who is eligible for UPK?
Child and family must reside in the Holland Central School District (Proof of residency [2 forms] required)
Child must be four years of age on or before December 1, 2020 (Birth certificate required)
How do I register my child UPK?
In order to be considered for placement, you must return the following forms to the Elementary School office on or before May 8, 2020.
Proof of residency [2 forms]
Copy of birth certificate
NYS school health examination form
Current immunization record
What does the UPK program provide to my child curriculum wise?
- Comprehensive, engaging program that directly supports students' social-emotional growth
- Cross-curricular literacy, science, math and art lessons.
- Lessons differentiate instruction
- High-quality fiction and non-fiction literature
- Family Space is an online portal for parentsto access information about our curriculum
What is the class size?
UPK classes are 18 students with 1 teacher and 1 paraprofessional.
How long is the day?
Holland Central School's UPK program is a full-day program housed at H.O. Brumsted Elementary.
Are meals available?
Breakfast and lunch are available to students through the Holland Central School Food Service department.
Is transportation provided?
Once students reach the age of 4, students may ride the elementary school's regular morning and afternoon buses.