A Parent's Right to Request and Receive Information

  • The Holland Central School District receives Title I funds. Parents of students attending schools receiving Title I funds have a right to request information about the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teachers. Information must be provided regardless of whether teachers are employed directly by the school district or under contract with another organization, such as a BOCES. The following information may be requested:

    • Whether the teacher has a State certification for the classes being taught
    • The teacher’s bachelor’s degree major and any other certifications or degrees by field or discipline
    • Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications

    Each school receiving Title I, Part A funds must also provide parents with the following information:

    • Records of their child’s performance on state academic assessments
    • As appropriate, timely notice that their child has been assigned, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher of a core academic subject who is not “highly qualified” (does not have state certification for the classes being taught)


    If you would like to request information about the qualifications of your child's teacher, please contact the superintendent's office at (716)537-8202. 

Last Modified on April 3, 2017