Students once again are participating in artistic workshops with visiting artists through our district’s Arts-in-Ed Program. Programming spans from UPK to 9th grade. Students are learning core content through hands-on experiences.
· UPK students will be exploring music and instrument making through workshops with visiting artists.* Kindergarteners will expand what they learned in Pre-K and learn more about musical instruments & music making.
· 1st graders explore character clues in texts through performing and acting.· 2nd grade creates puppets and present a puppet show.
· 3rd graders write poetry based on world cultures and compile their work into their own pop-up books.· 4th graders will take a literary ride down the Erie Canal and participate in some performances too.
· 5th grade will work with an architect to help them learn their Social Studies curriculum.
· 6th grade studies architecture and world cultures to create an architectural form.* 7th grade ELA will be working with visiting artists this year to explore literature.
· 8th grade ELA students explore & create free-verse poetry and then visually interpret that work into shadow boxes using the processes of origami, collage & encaustics.· 9th grade ELA students explore the concepts of tolerance, diversity & personal responsibility through the creative writing process
· HS Studio in Art students work with a visual artist to create a large installation in our school grounds.
It will certainly be a very artistic year at the Holland Central Schools. Here are pictures from previous workshops: